There’s no doubt about it, traveling during a pandemic is stressful. After months of avoiding the airport, it’s finally time to embark on your first COVID-era flight, whether for business or to visit family. Have you packed all the essentials? Do you have a comfortable face mask? Do you know where to buy the best snacks?
We’re here to help!
Here are six simple accessories to improve your travel experience, no matter where your journey takes you. Now, all you need to do is kick back, relax, and enjoy the ride.
#1: A Comfortable Face Mask
First things first, let’s talk safety. As any current traveler knows, a breathable face mask makes all the difference on long plane rides. When you wear a quality mask, you keep yourself and others safe without feeling smothered (and we get it—no one likes to spend hours with a sweaty piece of fabric clinging to their face).
For an accessory that goes the distance, washable face masks are a fantastic long-term investment. With just a quick wash, your mask will be ready for the return flight.
#2: The Right Shoes
Comfortable shoes are essential for any type of travel. The ideal shoes are light, cozy, and perfectly shaped for your feet—the best ones will look just as fresh as they make your feet feel.
When you’re flying in the sky, these shoes will make you feel like you’re walking on the clouds.
For stylish, all-weather shoes, consider buying wool runners. Not only are they water-resistant, but their classic look also makes them a versatile addition to any travel wardrobe. Colors like charcoal-grey or forest-green add variation to your ensemble, while still looking professional. With the right footwear, traveling in style is a walk in the park.
Never compromise fashion for comfort (because, with the right purchases, you can have both).
#3: A Secure Money Belt
If you often travel to destinations where pickpockets flourish, then you’re probably no stranger to money belts. This tool is a great way to carry documents securely without screaming, “I’m a tourist!”
When looking for a high-quality money belt, take the following into consideration:
- Comfort – Remember, you’re planning on wearing this all day. Make sure the fabric is comfortable against your skin, and that it doesn’t rub or itch.
- Accessibility – Look for money belts with multiple pockets so you can easily grab cash without rummaging around. You don’t want to hold up the coffee line searching for the right change.
- Camouflage – Opt for a belt that blends in under your clothes. Don’t be tempted to stuff it too full—the whole point is to be discrete.
#4: A Waterproof Watch
Watches are the symbol of sophistication. A well-chosen watch elevates any look from competent employee to savvy businessman. Think of iconic, suave actors like Paul Newman and Clark Gable. What do they all have in common? Stylish timepieces.
For an accessory that is durable and dapper, consider buying a waterproof watch. When you’re traveling, you don’t want to worry about getting caught in the rain or spilling your coffee on your watch. With a classic timepiece on your wrist, it’s easy to dress for success on the road.
#5: A Supportive Neck Pillow
Have you ever stepped off your flight groaning from a crick in your neck? So have we. A supportive neck pillow is a must-have for any busy traveler.
Neck pillows come in many varieties, so choose one that fits your napping needs:
- Moldable – Memory foam offers you a deluxe experience. These pillows mold to the contours of your head and neck and are great for those who prefer a spa-like flight.
- Inflatable – Inflatable neck pillows are a perfect way to save a little space in your carry-on. When you’re ready to take a nap, you can inflate your pillow to your desired firmness for a personalised siesta.
- Sculptable – Some neck pillows fold, squish, and adjust to prop you up at just the right angle. These are a great option for side-sleepers.
#6: A Luxurious Shampoo Bar
Anxious that your liquid containers are too big for TSA? Tired of strange-smelling hotel shampoos? Enter: the travel shampoo bar. This clever toiletry product allows you to bring along your favorite sudsy, aromatic, shampoo wherever you go!
Before You Board
Now that you’re all packed and ready for your flight, there’s one last thing you have to do: acquaint yourself with new travel rules and regulations. A lot has changed in the last few months and traveling looks a little different than it used to. Don’t hesitate to contact airlines to ask about safety procedures—and don’t forget your hand sanitizer!
Traveling is relaxing when you’re prepared. With these smart additions to your packing list, you’ll be ready for a well-planned trip. So, pop in those earplugs and inflate that neck pillow—with these updated accessories, it’ll be smooth sailing from here.