Awnings add great value to your caravan. They can tend to all caravan needs as they come in different shapes and sizes. This post is perfect for you if you’re on the lookout for awnings. We’d discuss factors that you need to consider and give you an idea as to how you can fully utilise your awning for your caravan.
Factors to Consider When Looking for an Awning
When shopping for an awning, do take note of the following factors:
- Overall footprint – it’s best if you could opt for a green awning with materials that are sustainable and environment-friendly
- Width – take note of the width. You should be particular about how big you want your awning to be.
- Height – your awning’s height should be able to accommodate your unique needs. Consider the height of your family members and people that might come along with you.
- Depth – you should consider the depth per the distance from the outer door to the van
- Wind resistance – look for one with strong wind resistance if you plan on going on road trips all year-long
- Water resistance – your awning should have good water resistance as it should be able to keep you dry when it rains.
- Stability – awning stability is important as you would not want to readjust and reinstall it again and again
- Weight – check your van’s weight limit. Your van should be able to comfortably carry the weight of your awning.
- Quality of fabric and seams – ensure that all fabric and seams have a professional finish.
- Installation needs – look for one that is easy to install. You’d have to install your awning again and again so you should have one that will not cause much of a hassle every single time. Best if you could look for one that can be installed by one person alone.
- Accessories – an awning that can be accessorized will give more value to your purchase.
7 Superb Ways to Utilise Your Caravan Awning
For Your Kids
Having an awning is perfect if you have kids. Your kids will have a grand time if they have a space of their own where they could lounge around and play around. With an awning dedicated to your kids, you can easily have the van all to yourself anytime you need “me time”.
Accessory tip: An air sofa bed will be a fabulous addition to your awning if you’re planning to have it dedicated to your kids. Your kids will enjoy lounging and playing on one. They can also be used as an additional bed.
For Your Pets
An awning is perfect if you’re traveling with your pet. It allows you to give your pets a special space where they can play around and just enjoy themselves. With an awning for your pet, you won’t have to worry about water bowls and pet food being all over the place. They can all be serenely placed in one spot that is very accessible to your pet.
Accessory tip: Check out waterproof mats. Your pet will love lounging and relaxing on them. They’re very easy to store and carry around as they come with velcro straps.
A porch awning is best for you if you want extra insulation from nasty weather. It could also be utilized as a mudroom when you could place your muddy boots and wet items like dog towels. Awning porches are lightweight and very easy to install.
Accessory tip: A waterproof bag goes well with a porch awning. It can conveniently store and secure all your wet items. It would also look fabulous if you need an extra beach bag.
Big awnings for your caravan can be used as a dedicated sleeping space. You’d love how it will give you more privacy and space to recharge for the next day’s adventure. An awning is also perfect if you have guests as they can also serve as a nifty ‘guest wing’ if you no longer have space in your caravan.
Accessory tip: Look for sleeping bags that double as duvets. They’re very convenient as they come with their own pillows.
It’s easier to prepare food if you have more space. This is what a kitchen awning will exactly provide. With one, you’d get to relaxingly enjoy food preparation. When looking for a kitchen awning, look for one with good ventilation. It should also have foolproof mechanisms for fire and safety measures for Carbon Monoxide.
Accessory tip: You’d enjoy a foldable kitchen that comes with its very own tabletop, drawers, wash up bowl, and waste bin. It has a solid aluminium frame so it would be easy for you to move it around.
A big awning with decent headroom can be used as a space to entertain guests. A spacious awning will allow you to have a grand time entertaining guests.
Accessory tip: Invest in a cool box where you could easily store delicious beers and juices for everyone’s enjoyment.
A durable and solid awning can also be used as your extra living space. You will love how it can easily provide you with the comforts that you only get to enjoy at home with just a few soft and warm pieces of furniture here and there.
Accessory tip: You should look for a folding camping cupboard where you can store all fun items that can give you comfort. It’s also best if you want to free up some space on your caravan drawers and shelves.